Sunday, October 26, 2008

ER Visit


Well today was a very interesting day to say the least! It started off pretty good with Reagan and I going to church. Ryan had a train ride up to Bluefield, WV. So it was just the two of us. We ate lunch with the family and then came home to take our afternoon nap before I had to come into work. Well I was lazy after laying in the bed for two hours(Reagan is over naps and likes to watch a movie while I lay there). I was running late and while I was scooting her out the door with my hands full of books, food, overnight bag, etc. The worst thing could have had happened!

I slammed the door. To my horror, her little fingers were in the door where the hinges are. I shut the door on my three year old daughters fingers!! She lost her breath and then started to scream in pain! I was shocked, threw everything down and picked her up to see if they were broken. They were blue and bloody where the door also cut her. She could not stop crying! I cleaned them off the best I could and threw everything in the car and proceeded to my moms(since this is where we were going anyhow). I needed someone to help me calm her down so I know whether or not I needed to take her to the emergency room. My mom was a big help and finally was able to get her to calm down and she fell asleep on my lap. We decided to take her to the ER to be on the safe side. She was favoring that hand and wouldn't move them. Thankfully a girl I knew was working on the Pediatric side and got us in and out within 2hrs! That included 4 X-rays! The doctor didn't see any breaks but since they are so swollen he wasn't 100% sure. If Reagan still favors them in a few days we need to go back and redo an x-ray. But thankfully she let them bandage the little fingers up. She looks like she has a cast on! She thinks she is like her best friend Emmy(Emmy was in a bad car accident this week and has a cast on her leg).

When it was all done and said with she wanted chicken nuggets with dip and to watch her movie. I got her all settled and she told me it was "OK that I smashed her fingers, but Do Not Do it again!". I love that child to death! I feel horrible that I did such a stupid thing, I def. will double check that door before I shut it again. I wish I had the ability to forgive the way she does. she is a trooper! I will post pictures later, I still had to come into work after I got her settled, she is with her Nina and Pop Pops sleeping away!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How could you???? Justkidding... I think we all make mistakes like this, especially when we are hurried. Brady shut his fingers in the back-side of the van door as it was closing automatically. It doesn't have pressure sensors on the back side, so it got him good, but his fingers weren't broken. I hope she ends up okay. She looks cute with the "cast"!!!!

Followers